Our Open Access publishing fund supports the publication of articles in Open Access journals financially.
Which Open Access publications are eligible for financial support?
We will be happy to help you figure out whether you meet the requirements for Open Access funding.
Please note: Due to great demand funding is available only if there is still budget left at the time when the University Library is informed about the acceptance of the article
Requirements for support from the University of Würzburg publication fund:
- The journal is an Open Access journal (not just a journal with an Open Access option).
- The journal adheres to the stringent quality assurance procedures recognised in your discipline. You find adequate journals for example in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ). We support publications in journals that are not listed in the DOAJ, only if they conform to our quality criteria. Please get in touch for further information.
- You are the corresponding author for the publication and are a member of the University of Wuerzburg (including the University Hospital). Your publication was created within your employment at the University of Wuerzburg (including the University Hospital). In the case of multiple authorship the majority of the scientific work must have been created at the University of Wuerzburg (including the University Hospital).
- You have received no third-party funds or other funding to cover the publication fee.
- You include the following funding statement: ‘This publication was supported by the Open Access Publication Fund of the University of Wuerzburg.’
How can I secure funding?
- Optional: Register your publication by mail before or when submitting the manuscript.
The advantage here is that we can tell you right away whether you have fulfilled the funding requirements.
- Once the article has been accepted, send the publisher’s invoice to us by e-mail.
Please always state the VAT-number of the University (even as member of the University Hospital)
VAT DE 134187690
Please use your address at the University. Members of the University Hospital please use: Universitaet Wuerzburg
- We will begin by paying the entire invoice (total costs: article publication costs plus 19 % taxes).
- Funding share of the costs in 2022:
- 42 % of the total costs but maximum 1000 EUR
- We will then send you an invoice for the remaining costs (= your share of the cost).
For publication charges exceeding 2.000 EUR we recommend you to ask the publisher for a discount.