According to the infection protection concept of JMU (as of 01.06.2022), the following applies to the use of the University Library:
- In buildings and enclosed spaces of the university, the recommendation to wear a face mask applies, especially where a distance of 1.5 m to other persons cannot be safely maintained.
- Most learning and computer workstations in the University Library may be used without prior reservation. The learning workstations in the small reading rooms of the Main Library and in individual zones of some departmental libraries remain reservable.
- In the departmental libraries ZOM | ZIM and Dental Clinic, access is still restricted to medical students, the test modalities are as currently specified by the UKW for medical students. FFP2 masks are still mandatory. At a fixed sitting or standing place, the mask may also be removed there, provided that the minimum distance is reliably maintained.
In the departmental library, you will find specialist literature on psychology. The entire departmental library collection can be searched via the catalogue.
The shelf marks of these items start with "514/".
Current regulations in the departmental library (from 4.4.2022)
It is no longer necessary to reserve workstations.
Please keep the recommended distance of 1.5 m from other people throughout the library.
- It is no longer necessary to reserve workstations.
- Only for the group study rooms a reservation is nessecary. You can reserve a study room here.
- Scanning, copying and printing (via USB stick) is possible.
- E-books first: Please feel free to use our acquisition form for e-books! Contactless literature supply is possible in this way, we therefore currently prefer this variant and will consider your suggestions sympathetically.
Health protection remains our priority! Please help us with consideration and flexibility so that we can offer this service!
Most of the media in the Departmental Library can be borrowed home. You can see whether a book is available for loan or not in the catalogue. To do this, set the "Branch for reservations and orders" to "TB Wittelsbacherplatz". Media such as magazines with a red local license plate cannot be borrowed.
A valid user card from the University Library or a student card from the current semester is required for borrowing.
Regulations for Test borrowing you can find here.
There are a total of 52 study desks in the departmental library, 1 of which is equipped with a PC.
Group study room
The departmental library offers two group study room for student working groups. You can reserve a study room here.
Access to specialist databases for literature searches, internet access, Wi-Fi, multifunctional copier
Information can be found on the webpage of KIS (Kontakt- und Informationsstelle für Studierende mit Behinderung und chronischer Erkrankung).
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.