In the departmental library, you will find specialist literature on psychology. The entire departmental library collection can be searched via the catalogue.
The shelf marks of these items start with "514/".
From Tuesday, 26.01. Borrowing possible via e-mail pre-order.
For reasons of health protection, the departmental library must unfortunately remain closed to the public for the time being. From Tuesday, 26.01. you can borrow and return media according to the following procedure:
1. Order the books in advance by email:
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students and external users are allowed to borrow a maximum of 5 books (loan period: 2 weeks).
- Enter your UB user number (it starts with 079... and can be found on your student ID or JMU card).
- Also enter the author, title, year of publication and the shelfmark (starting with 514/...) of the books you want.
2. We will find the books for you and arrange a pick-up time with you. Please note that it may take one day for the books to be made available.
3. Collection of the books:
- Is possible at the entrance door of the departmental library Monday to Friday from 9-12. The building is only open at these times.
- Be sure to bring your user card with you! (for students the student card).
- The handover is largely contactless, please ensure that there is sufficient distance. Wearing an FFP2 mask is mandatory.
- When you collect your books, there are already completed loan slips in the books you ordered. Please sign the loan slips and place them in the box provided.
- Please only stay in the building for borrowing and returning books and leave the building quickly afterwards.
Returning books and tests:
- No appointment is required to return books, they can be returned Monday to Friday 9am-12pm. There is a table in front of the departmental library where books can be placed. Please only return books there that you have borrowed from the departmental library.
- If you want to return psychological tests, please contact us in advance by email (email@example.com) - the tests should NOT simply be left in front of the departmental library! We will then arrange an appointment with you to return the tests.
Health protection remains paramount! Please help us with consideration and flexibility so that we can continue to offer these services!
E-books first - make suggestions:
Please feel free to use our e-book acquisition form! This way, a contactless literature supply is possible, we therefore prefer this variant at the moment and will consider your suggestions sympathetically.
The departmental library is a reference library, which means that items can usually only be used on site. Kurzausleihe (von Freitag 11:00 Uhr bis Montag 12:00 Uhr) ist möglich. Psychotherapists in training can borrow items as part of the WAPP continuing education course (14 days, proof required).
There are special regulations for borrowing tests.
More information on further lending conditions can be found in the Guidelines on the use of departmental libraries (PDF, 124 KB). You will find a large collection of study-relevant literature available for loan in the Hubland Main Library.
There are a total of 42 study desks in the departmental library, 13 of which are equipped with PCs.
Group study room
The departmental library offers a group study room for smaller student working groups (up to four persons). Please go to the information desk to reserve the room or call the library (phone number: +49 931 31-86044).
Access to specialist databases for literature searches, internet access, Wi-Fi, multifunctional copier
Information can be found on the webpage of KIS (Kontakt- und Informationsstelle für Studierende mit Behinderung und chronischer Erkrankung).
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.