In its Open-Access-Policy the University of Würzburg declares itself in favour of Open Access publishing. It has also signed the Berlin Declaration on Open Access for Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities.
Open Access publishing means that:
- Your publication is publicly available online around the world and free of charge.
- Your publication can be read, downloaded, copied, printed and used by others – all within the framework of copyright, licenses and good academic practice.
- You retain usage rights to your publication.
You have the following options:
- Publish an article in an Open Access journal. All articles in the journal are freely available.
Our publication fund offers financial support for the publication of Open Access Articles.
- Publish an article in a journal that offers an Open Access option, i.e. only certain articles in the journal are freely available.
Special conditions: We will be happy to inform you about special conditions for Open Access option of particular publishers.
- Store a previously published article on our OPUS Würzburg publication server.
This allows you to publish your article again (self-archiving/secondary publishing).
- Publish an Open Access book.
You can publish with the Würzburg University Press or with another publishing house.
We will be happy to provide advice not only on our publication fund, Würzburg University Press and OPUS Würzburg but also on many other topics, e.g.:
- Sometimes it is not easy to rate quality of Open Access Journals. We will help you to find a serious journal, for example in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
- Horizon 2020, BMBF, DFG & Co.: More and more funders request scientists to publish Open Access. We assist you to figure out details and possibilities.
- Here you will find an overview of publishers and journals with memberships, discounts and other special conditions.
- We will be happy to help with any questions about Open Access publishing. You can arrange an appointment here.
- We will be happy to hold information events for your department or institute.