According to the infection protection concept of JMU (as of 01.06.2022), the following applies to the use of the University Library:
- In buildings and enclosed spaces of the university, the recommendation to wear a face mask applies, especially where a distance of 1.5 m to other persons cannot be safely maintained.
- Most learning and computer workstations in the University Library may be used without prior reservation. The learning workstations in the small reading rooms of the Main Library and in individual zones of some departmental libraries remain reservable.
- In the departmental libraries ZOM | ZIM and Dental Clinic, access is still restricted to medical students, the test modalities are as currently specified by the UKW for medical students. FFP2 masks are still mandatory. At a fixed sitting or standing place, the mask may also be removed there, provided that the minimum distance is reliably maintained.
In the departmental library, you will find specialist literature on protestant theology, pedagogy, psychology, political and social studies and special needs education. The entire departmental library collection can be searched via the catalogue.
The shelf marks of these items start with "500/".
Current regulations in the departmental library
- It is no longer necessary to reserve workstations.
- You are not allowed to take jackets and bags into the library. Please use the lockers.
- E-books first - make suggestions: Please feel free to use our acquisition form for e-books! This way, a contactless supply of literature is possible, which is why we currently prefer this variant and will consider your suggestions sympathetically.
Most of the media in the Departmental Library can be borrowed home. You can see whether a book is available for loan or not in the catalogue. To do this, set the "Branch for reservations and orders" to "TB Wittelsbacherplatz". Media such as magazines with a red local license plate cannot be borrowed.
A valid user card from the University Library or a student card from the current semester is required for borrowing.
Regulations for Test borrowing you can find here.
Return of borrowed media
Borrowed media can be placed in the return box in front of the Departmental Library when the Library is open. Around the clock via the return flap of the Main Library (to the right of the entrance to the Mensa). Please send returns by mail to: Departmental Library Wittelsbacherplatz, Wittelsbacherplatz 1, 97074 Würzburg.
A total of 150 study desks are available. All study desks (with the exception of those in the silent workroom) are equipped with sockets.
Access to specialist databases for literature searches, Internet access, Wi-Fi, multifunctional copiers, Book2net scanning station, Earplug vending machine
The library offers 12 individual workrooms. These are located on the ground floor, 1st and 3rd floor in the reading room area (direction of the lecture halls). The rooms do not need to be reserved.
Group study rooms
The library offers six group study rooms for student working groups. All rooms are equipped with conventional whiteboards and sockets. Some rooms offer additional media technology for group projects. If you would like to use a group study room, please reserve it via our room reservation system.
Silent work room
The silent workroom (No. 03.406) is designed as a quiet place to study without a laptop. Therefore, there are no sockets in the room. Please use this room for quiet reading and study.
The departmental library’s parent-child room enables students with children to work in the library. The room contains a computer workstation, work tables for study groups, a changing table, a travel cot, a high chair, furniture for children and, of course, toys. Please contact the information desk if you would like to use the room.
DJackets, bags (including laptop bags) and food may not be taken into the sectional library. Lockers are available to store your belongings. You will need a €2 coin to use the lockers.
The permanent lockers are located in the locker room on the 2nd floor in front of the sectional library entrance. Keys for permanent lockers can be reserved via the University Library catalogue. The lockers can be used for up to three months. If nobody else has reserved a permanent locker, you can keep the locker for another three months. This can only be extended once. Lockers are only available to students of the University of Würzburg.
To reserve a key via the University Library catalogue, proceed as follows:
- Open the catalogue and log in.
- Change the departmental library (under "Narrow search") to the Wittelsbacherplatz departmental library
- Search Title(s) for "permanent locker in the departmental library".
- Use the "Request" tab to order or to renew.
Information can be found on the webpage of KIS (Kontakt- und Informationsstelle für Studierende mit Behinderung und chronischer Erkrankung).
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.