In the departmental library, you will find specialist literature on protestant theology, pedagogy, psychology, political and social studies and special needs education. The entire departmental library collection can be searched via the catalogue.
The shelf marks of these items start with "500/".
Departmental library open with restrictions: Lending and return as well as scanning/copying possible
The departmental library is open Monday to Friday from 09:00-16:00. The following conditions of use apply::
- Admission is limited to a maximum number of people and is regulated by our staff.
- Students are allowed to borrow items, as it is not possible to use the library in person (maximum 5 books, loan period 2 weeks, renewal by phone or email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You fetch the required media yourself from the departmental library. You may take jackets and bags with you in this exceptional situation, the cloakroom is locked.
- The return of the media takes place via the box in front of the TB entrance (exception: tests, please note the times of the test loan here, see below).
Test lending is possible during the opening hours of the departmental library (authorisation required).
Test return is only possible at the following times: Tuesday 13:00-15:00 and Thursday 11:00-13:00
- Scanning, copying and printing (via USB stick) is possible.
- Wearing an FFP2 mask is mandatory.
- The PC workstations or workstations in general are locked.
- Please prepare your media list with the signatures you need before your visit to the library.
Health protection remains the priority! Please help us with consideration and flexibility so that we can offer this lending service again!
Announcement: Workstations in the departmental library available from 21.6.
As of 21.6. the departmental library will offer 55 workstations for booking, 15 of them all-day, the rest divided into morning and afternoon shifts.
- The study workstations can only be used after prior reservation.
- Bookable time slots: 9.00-13.00 or 14.00-18.00. Extended time slots of 9.00-18.00 apply for places 1.1 to 1.15.
- These seats can only be booked by students of the University of Würzburg.
- Visitors to the library are required to wear an FFP2 mask. The FFP2 mask must also be worn at the study workstations.
E-books first - make suggestions:
Please feel free to use our e-book acquisition form! This way, a contactless literature supply is possible, we therefore prefer this variant at the moment and will consider your suggestions sympathetically.
The departmental library is a reference library, which means that items can usually only be used on site.
Tests can be borrowed from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 19:00. During the semester break tests can be returned at the following times:
Thu, 27.02.2020, 10 to 12
Mon, 16.03.2020, 10 to 12
Next possible date: 20.04.2020.
More information on further lending conditions can be found in the Guidelines on the use of departmental libraries (PDF, 124 KB). You will find a large collection of study-relevant literature available for loan in the Hubland Main Library.
A total of 150 study desks are available. All study desks (with the exception of those in the silent workroom) are equipped with sockets.
Access to specialist databases for literature searches, Internet access, Wi-Fi, multifunctional copiers, Book2net scanning station, Earplug vending machine
The library offers 12 individual workrooms. These are located on the ground floor, 1st and 3rd floor in the reading room area (direction of the lecture halls). The rooms do not need to be reserved.
Group study rooms
The library offers six group study rooms for student working groups. All rooms are equipped with conventional whiteboards and sockets. Some rooms offer additional media technology for group projects. If you would like to use a group study room, please reserve it via our room reservation system.
Silent work room
The silent workroom (No. 03.406) is designed as a quiet place to study without a laptop. Therefore, there are no sockets in the room. Please use this room for quiet reading and study.
The departmental library’s parent-child room enables students with children to work in the library. The room contains a computer workstation, work tables for study groups, a changing table, a travel cot, a high chair, furniture for children and, of course, toys. Please contact the information desk if you would like to use the room.
DJackets, bags (including laptop bags) and food may not be taken into the sectional library. Lockers are available to store your belongings. You will need a €2 coin to use the lockers.
The permanent lockers are located in the locker room on the 2nd floor in front of the sectional library entrance. Keys for permanent lockers can be reserved via the University Library catalogue. The lockers can be used for up to three months. If nobody else has reserved a permanent locker, you can keep the locker for another three months. This can only be extended once. Lockers are only available to students of the University of Würzburg.
To reserve a key via the University Library catalogue, proceed as follows:
- Open the catalogue and log in.
- Change the departmental library (under "Narrow search") to the Wittelsbacherplatz departmental library
- Search Title(s) for "permanent locker in the departmental library".
- Use the "Request" tab to order or to renew.
Information can be found on the webpage of KIS (Kontakt- und Informationsstelle für Studierende mit Behinderung und chronischer Erkrankung).
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.