Books: 30 days of opening
DVDs: 3 days of opening
If your account includes an e-mail address, we will send you a reminder before your item’s loan period comes to an end.
If a book is not reserved, you can extend the loan period twice. You can do this in the five days before the loan period ends.
- Log on to your library account using your University Library number and password.
- Go to "Loans" to see the items you have borrowed.
- Click on ‘Renew item" to renew one item or "Renew account" to renew all items.
- Make sure to check the end date of the new loan period for each item and which items you were not able to renew.
Items borrowed from the Main Library can be returned as follows:
- To the circulation desk in the Main Library
- Outside opening hours using the returns box to the right of the entrance (in the direction of the canteen)
- to the law departmental library
- By post to the following address: Universitätsbibliothek, Leihstelle, Am Hubland, 97074 Würzburg
Please note that items returned by post must be received by us before the end of the loan period.
Items borrowed from the collection of legal textbooks of the Departmental Library for Law can also be returned to the Main Library.
Items from the departmental libraries should be returned to those libraries.
The General Regulations on the Use of Bavarian State Libraries – ABOB, of 18 August 1993 (Allgemeine Benützungsordnung der Bayerischen Staatlichen Bibliotheken, available in the German language only for legal reasons) requires us to charge fees for late returns.
In accordance with sections 1, 2, 6, 8 and 13 of the Cost Law (Kostengesetz) and the Regulation on the Enactment of the Cost Catalogue for the Cost Law (Verordnung über den Erlass des Kostenverzeichnisses zum Kostengesetz), the following charges apply:
- Reminder to return items - €7,50
- Reminder to return items - €10
- Reminder to return items - €20 plus postage
- Notice of fine (determining costs for replacement purchase / value replacement) - €30 plus postage
Please return your items immediately and pay the administration charge
- Via bank transfer to Staatsoberkasse Bayern (make sure to state your reference number)
- In cash at the lending desk in the Central Library (Monday to Saturday only)