According to the infection protection concept of JMU (as of 21.04.2022), the following applies to the use of the University Library:
- There is a requirement to wear a medical face mask on meeting and circulation areas in buildings and enclosed spaces, unless a minimum distance of 1.5 m from other persons can be safely maintained.
- Specifically, there is also no requirement to wear a mask at a fixed seating or standing area, provided the minimum distance is reliably maintained.
- If bookable group workspaces are used by more than one person at a time, a medical face mask must be worn there.
- Most learning and computer workstations in the University Library may be used without prior reservation. The learning workstations in the small reading rooms of the Main Library and in individual zones of some departmental libraries remain reservable.
- In the departmental libraries ZOM | ZIM and Dental Clinic, access is still restricted to medical students, the test modalities are as currently specified by the UKW for medical students. FFP2 masks are still mandatory. At a fixed sitting or standing place, the mask may also be removed there, provided that the minimum distance is reliably maintained.
All online services are available without restrictions. We recommend that all members and students of the university primarily use our wide range of e-books, e-journals and databases.
In the departmental library you will find the borrowable media of the law textbook collection as well as a non-lending reference collection of special legal literature.
The media of the textbook collection can be identified by the call number "80/", the media of the law reference collection by the call number "250/".
From January 3rd, 2022: New opening hours and changed booking time slots
The following opening hours and time slots for booking learning workplaces will apply from January 3rd, 2022:
1) Monday to Friday, open from 8.00 to 22.00
Bookable time slots: 8.00 to 13.30, 14.00 to 18.30 and 19.00 to 22.00
2) Saturday, open from 9.00 to 20.00
Bookable time slots: 9.00 to 14.30 and 15.00 to 20.00
3) Sunday, open from 10.00 to 20.00
Bookable time slots: 10.00 to 14.30 and 15.00 to 20.00
Current regulations for library visitations
The Law Library is open Mo - Fri from 8.00 to 20.00 and Sat, 9:00 to 19:00 for all users to borrow/return media and to copy/scan (see point B.1).
JMU students can also book learning workplaces via an online ticket system. A small quota of learning workplaces is also available for external users (see point B.2).
A. Important notes on use
- Excluded from entering the library are persons showing symptoms indicative of a COVID-19 disease such as cough, cold, sore throat, fever (≥ 38.0°C), loss of smell and taste.
- Please wear an FFP2 mask inside the building. Inside the library and at the copiers/scanners, wearing an FFP2 mask is mandatory.
- The lockers are accessible. A longer stay there (break etc.) is not permitted.
- Please keep sufficient distance to other people, outside and inside the library.
- Copiers and scanners are available. The book scanner is currently located in group workroom 1.
- Computer workstations are not available, neither in the Infodesk area nor in the CIP pool.
- Group study rooms are not available.
B. Usage possibilities (opening hours: Mon - Fri, 8.00 to 20.00 and Sat, 9.00 to 19.00)
1. Short stay for borrowing/returning and copying/scanning
- Open for scanning/copying, as well as for lending and return
- No use of learning workstations.
- Access is only possible for fully vaccinated or recovered persons (2G). Please show appropriate proof at the entrance without being asked and also identify yourself with an official photo ID.
2. Limited contingent of learning workplaces with prior online reservation
- Two-shift system: Mon-Fri, 8:00 to 13:30 and 14:00 to 20:00 / Sat, 9.00 to 14.30 and 15.00 to 19.00
- Reservation via online ticket system. You will find the links to the booking system below. Only one of the two shifts may be booked per day.
Bookings can be made on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. for the entire next week.
- IMPORTANT: Please cancel your reservations that you no longer need. Your booking confirmation email will contain a link to the booking centre where you can make the cancellation.
- Part of the learning workplaces are intended exclusively for students of the Faculty of Law because of the term and seminar papers currently being written. There is a contingent also available for students of all faculties and for external users.
- Proof of eligibility upon admission: Presentation of the ticket and enrolment certificate (places law students) or student card (places: all students) or ticket only (places for external users).
- FFP2 masks mandatory throughout the library and at the learning workplaces.
- Even without a learning workplace, you can still enter the TB for scanning/copying and borrowing/returning (see point B.1 above).
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.