Due to the 14th Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance and the announcement of 21.09.2021 "Corona Pandemic: Framework Concept for Universities" (BayMBl. 2021 No. 669), the following conditions of use apply at Würzburg University Library:
Access to the UB (Main library and departmental libraries) is only possible for those who have been fully vaccinated, have recovered or have tested negative if the 7-day incidence is above 35. Please show appropriate proof at the entrance without being asked.
As negative test proof, you can present the result of a PCR test (max. 48 hours old) or PoC antigen test (max. 24 hours old) or alternatively your valid pupil ID.
Employees of the University of Würzburg can present their personal JMU Card instead of 3G proof.
At the University Library of Würzburg it is compulsory to wear a medical face mask. The mask may be removed at the learning workstations.
All online services are available without restrictions. We recommend that all members and students of the university primarily use our wide range of e-books, e-journals and databases.
In the departmental library you will find the borrowable media of the law textbook collection as well as a non-lending reference collection of special legal literature.
The media of the textbook collection can be identified by the call number "80/", the media of the law reference collection by the call number "250/".
Against the background of the spread of the coronavirus, Würzburg University Library has implemented the specifications of the Bavarian State Ministry of Science and Art to restrict public access and service offerings. In the context of the current exceptional situation, we ask for your understanding for these measures.
From September 2nd, 2021: Access only with proof of vaccination, revovery or test (3G rule) / medical face mask sufficient / no mask requirement at learning workstations
- A vaccination, recovery or test certificate (3G rule) is required to access the Law Library (also for short research, for scanning or for borrowing).
Please present appropriate proof at the entrance inspection and also identify yourself with a photo ID.
The result of a PCR test (max. 48 hours old) or PoC antigen test (max. 24 hours old) and alternatively your valid pupil ID can be presented as negative test evidence.
- A medical face mask must be worn (cloth masks are not permitted). The mask may be removed at the learning workstations.
- Learning workstations must still be booked in advance via the online ticket system.
From July 1st, 2021: Extension of the opening hours Mo-Fr 8..00 to 20.00 and Sat, 9:00 to 19:00
The Law Library will be open Mo - Fri from 8.00 to 20.00 and Sat, 9:00 to 19:00 for all users for borrowing/returning media and for copying/scanning (see point B.1).
JMU students can also book learning workplaces via an online ticket system. A small quota of learning workplaces is also available for external users (see point B.2).
A. Important notes on use
- Excluded from entering the library are persons showing symptoms indicative of a COVID-19 disease such as cough, cold, sore throat, fever (≥ 38.0°C), loss of smell and taste.
- Please wear a mouth-nose protection (face mask) in the building, inside the library and at the copiers/scanners. It is mandatory to wear a medical protective mask (a cloth mask is not sufficient).
- You can remove your face mask at your learning workplace.
- The lockers are accessible. A longer stay there (break etc.) is not permitted.
- Please keep sufficient distance to other people, outside and inside the library.
- Copiers and scanners are available. The book scanner is currently located in group workroom 1.
- Computer workstations are not available, neither in the Infodesk area nor in the CIP pool.
- Group study rooms are not available.
B. Possibilities of use (opening hours: Mon - Fri, 8.00 to 20.00 and Sat, 9.00 to 19.00
1. Short stay for borrowing/returning and copying/scanning
- Open for scanning/copying, as well as for lending and return
- No use of learning workstations.
- A vaccination, recovery or test certificate (3G rule) is required to access the Law Library
2. Limited contingent of learning workplaces with prior online reservation
- Two-shift system: Mon-Fri, 8:00 to 14:00 and 15:00 to 20:00 / Sat, 9.00 to 14.00 and 15.00 to 19.00
- Reservation via online ticket system. You will find the links to the booking system below. Only one of the two shifts may be booked per day.
Bookings can be made on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. for the entire next week.
- IMPORTANT: Please cancel your reservations that you no longer need. Your booking confirmation email will contain a link to the booking centre where you can make the cancellation.
- Part of the learning workplaces are intended exclusively for students of the Faculty of Law because of the term and seminar papers currently being written. There is a contingent also available for students of all faculties and for external users.
- Proof of eligibility upon admission: Presentation of the ticket and enrolment certificate (places law students) or student card (places: all students) or ticket only (places for external users).
- Medical masks mandatory throughout the library. Masks can be removed at the learning workplaces.
- Even without a learning workplace, you can still enter the TB for scanning/copying and borrowing/returning (see point B.1 above).
The use of the learning workstations is only permitted after prior reservation. You are allowed to book one of the offered periods per opening day. Wearing a medical face mask is obligatory for visitors to the library. You may remove your mask at the learning workstations.
Due to the renovation of the toilet facilities on the 1st floor (= toilet in the corridor with the lockers), construction noise is to be expected (as of 28.08.2021).
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.