All online services are available without restrictions. We recommend that all members and students of the university primarily use our wide range of e-books, e-journals and databases.
In the departmental library, you will find specialist literature on mathematics. The departmental library also has a large collection of mathematical textbooks and literature on the didactics of computer science.
The entire departmental library collection can be searched via the catalogue. The shelf marks of these items start with "700/".
Against the background of the spread of the coronavirus, the Würzburg University Library has implemented the requirements of the Bavarian State Ministry of Science and the Arts to restrict public access and services. We ask for your understanding for these measures in view of the current exceptional situation.
The Departmental Library is open for loan and for the use of learning workplaces.
For literature supply, the Departmental Library is open on a limited basis for lending of media and for the use of learning workplaces Mon - Fri 12:30 - 16:00.
From 21.06.2021 the library offers 49 learning workplaces which could be reserved. You can reserve one learning workplace per day (Mon - Fri) for the 12:30 - 16:00 time slot. The booking is activated on Fridays at 9 a.m. for all days of the coming week. Use is limited to one person per learning workplace. You also have to wear an FFP2 mask at the workplaces reserved online in advance for the entire duration of your stay.
Booking option will follow shortly
The following special conditions of use apply:
- Access is limited to a maximum number of people and is regulated by our staff.
- Wearing an FFP2 mask is obligatory in the library. In addition, mouth-to-nose coverings must be worn on all university property (buildings, circulation paths, and open areas).
- Persons with symptoms of COVID-19 disease such as cough, cold, sore throat, fever (≥ 38.0°C), loss of smell or taste are excluded from entering the library.
- Please observe markings and walkways and keep a distance of 2 m from other people.
- Please make your list of shelfmarks you need before your visit. Please retrieve the books yourself from the shelves of the Departmental Library.
- You are not allowed to take jackets and bags into the Departmental Library. Please use the locker system of the Departmental Library.
- The use of the computer is not possible.
- The multifunctional copier may be used.
- The time spent in the Departmental Library for borrowing and copying, printing or scanning is limited to a maximum of 30 minutes.
- A limited number of learning workstations are available after prior online reservation. You must also keep the FFP2 mask on at the learning workstations.
Health protection remains the priority! Please help us with consideration and flexibility so that we can offer this lending service again!
Lending for students and non-university library users from the city and region: maximum 5 books, loan period 14 days
Loan for lecturers:
- for lecturers of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science: loan period 6 months
- for lecturers from other institutes: loan period 4 weeks
A valid library card of the University Library or a student card of the current semester is required for borrowing books.
Return of borrowed books
Borrowed books can be returned Mon - Fri 12:30 - 16:00 in the departmental library or around the clock via the returns box of the Main Library at Hubland (to the right of the entrance in the direction of the Mensa).
Delivery and Collection Service for academics
The delivery and collection service for academics with a work address at Hubland North will be offered again since 26.01.2021 onwards.
You can collect ordered media during the service times Mon - Fri 12:30 - 16:00.
The computer in the departmental library cannot be used.
Copying, printing, scanning
The multifunctional copier (for copying, printing or scanning) may be used. You will need a USB stick to save scans and print them out. A disinfection dispenser is available on site to disinfect your hands before and after use.
The exhibitions in the Departmental Library can be visited during opening hours. The duration of stay in the Departmental Library is limited to a maximum of 30 minutes.
The departmental library is a reference library, which means that items can usually only be used on site. All lending conditions (weekend and overnight loans) are summarised on a separate page.
More information on further lending conditions can be found in the Guidelines on the use of departmental libraries (PDF, 124 KB). You will find a large collection of study-relevant literature available for loan in the Hubland Main Library.
The departmental library has a total of 108 study desks on two floors, including 4 computer workstations with Internet access and 1 research PC (catalogue). All study desks are equipped with sockets and are therefore suitable for laptops.
Group study room
Unfortunately, there is no group study room in the departmental library. However, there is a room in the same building (no. 00.105) that can be used as a group working room for mathematics students.
Access to specialist databases for literature searches, Internet access, Wi-Fi, multifunctional copier, Book2net scanning station
Jackets and bags may not be taken into the library. Lockers are available outside the departmental library. Please bring a €2 coin with you to use a locker and remember to empty your locker in the evening.
Career Service, Hubland Nord, Josef-Martin-Weg 54.1, see also: Career Bibliothek
700/Sand.: Location Sanderring 2, Room 404, Phone: 0931/31-81048, Opening hours
Information can be found on the webpage of KIS (Kontakt- und Informationsstelle für Studierende mit Behinderung und chronischer Erkrankung).
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.