Due to the 15th Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance of 23.11.2021, the following conditions of use apply at Würzburg University Library:
Access to the University Library (Main Library and departmental libraries) is only possible for fully vaccinated or recovered persons (2G). Please show appropriate proof at the entrance without being asked and also identify yourself with an official photo ID.
In the University Library - as in all university buildings - it is compulsory to wear an FFP2 mask. An FFP2 mask must also be worn at the learning and computer workstations and in the study rooms.
The study rooms as well as the learning and computer workstations must be reserved online in advance.
All online services are available without restrictions. We recommend that all members and students of the university primarily use our wide range of e-books, e-journals and databases.
In the departmental library, you will find specialist literature on business management and economics. The entire departmental library collection can be searched via the catalogue.
The shelf marks of these items start with "800/".
From January 10th, 2022 the library is open for borrowing and use of learning workstations
From 10 January 2022 the departmental library is open Mon - Fri from 8.00 to 20.00 and Sat from 10.00 to 18.00 for all users to borrow / return media and to copy/print/scan. For the time being the opening on Saturdays will end on Saturday, 19 February 2022.
JMU students can also book learning workplaces via an online ticket system. A small quota of learning workplaces is also available for external users
Please note: Despite the air purifiers, the library must be aired out frequently. Jackets and coats may therefore be taken into the library.
The following regulations apply to visits to the library:
- Access to the library is only possible for fully vaccinated or recovered persons (2G). Please show appropriate proof at the entrance without being asked and identify yourself with an official photo ID.
- Excluded from entering the library are persons showing symptoms indicative of a COVID-19 disease such as cough, cold, sore throat, fever (≥ 38.0°C), loss of smell and taste.
- Inside the library, at the photocopiers and at the learning workstations, wearing an FFP2 mask is mandatory.
- Please keep sufficient distance to other people, outside and inside the library.
- The basement may only be entered to get to the photocopier or to fetch books.
Health protection remains the priority! Help us with considerate behaviour so that we can maintain the services.
1. Short stay without reservation
- Open for copying/scanning/copying, as well as for lending and return
- No use of learning workstations.
2. Limited contingent of learning workplaces with prior online reservation.
- Reservation via online ticket system. You will find the links to the booking system below. Only one of the two shifts may be booked per day.
Bookings can be made on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. for the entire next week.
- IMPORTANT: Please cancel your reservations that you no longer need. Your booking confirmation email will contain a link to the booking centre where you can make the cancellation.
- Two-shift system: Mon-Fri, 8:00 to 13:30 and 14:00 to 20:00 / Sat, 10.00 to 13.30 and 14.00 to 18.00.
- Part of the learning workplaces are intended exclusively for students of the Faculty of Business and Economics, another quota for students of all faculties and one for external users.
- Proof of eligibility upon admission: Presentation of the ticket and enrolment certificate (places: business and economics students) or student card (places: all students) or ticket only (places for external users).
- FFP2 masks mandatory throughout the library and a the learning workstations.
- Computer workstations are not available (exception: EIKON).
- The library is regularly and intensively ventilated through the windows. Jackets and coats may therefore be taken into the library.
The use of learning workplaces is only permitted after prior reservation. You can only book one time slot per day. It is compulsory for library visitors to wear an FFP2 mask.
1) Monday to Friday, open from 8.00 to 20.00
Bookable time slots: 8.00 to 13.30 and 14.00 to 20.00
2) Saturday, open from 10.00 to 18.00
Bookable time slots: 10.00 to 13.30 and 14.00 to 18.00
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.