All online services are available without restrictions. We recommend that all members and students of the university primarily use our wide range of e-books, e-journals and databases.
In the departmental library, you will find specialist literature on business management and economics. The entire departmental library collection can be searched via the catalogue.
The shelf marks of these items start with "800/".
Use of the learning workstations without reservation
The workstations of the departmental library can be used without prior reservation.
There are no workstations available in the basement. Access to the books and magazines placed in the basement and to the copier/printer/scanner is possible.
The recommendation to wear a face mask applies, especially where a distance of 1.5 m from other persons cannot be safely maintained.
Electronic lending in the departmental library as of 25.04.2022
Goodbye paper lending slip: from 25.04.2022 the departmental library will start electronic lending via RFID technology. In the run-up to this, over 50,000 media were linked to the University Library's lending system and the technical infrastructure was adapted. On 25 April, the departmental library will also adopt the lending conditions and loan periods of the Main Library. This means that the media of the departmental library can also be borrowed regularly by students.
The new technology has many advantages:
- When searching the catalogue, it is finally visible whether (and for how long) the books of the departmental library are borrowed or not (set the branch correctly in the search form!).
- Borrowed books can be reserved via the catalogue (here, too, the Departmental Library for Business Management and Economics (TBW) must be set).
- Books are entered in the library account - the loan periods can be viewed by the borrower at any time.
- Borrowers can renew books independently via their account.
- If an e-mail address is entered in the account, we will send an e-mail reminder of the end of the loan period.
Initially, the books in the departmental library will still be checked out at the counter. In the future, we plan to install a self-checkout station like the one in the Main Library.
Information can be found on the webpage of KIS (Kontakt- und Informationsstelle für Studierende mit Behinderung und chronischer Erkrankung).
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.