According to the infection protection concept of JMU (as of 01.06.2022), the following applies to the use of the University Library:
- In buildings and enclosed spaces of the university, the recommendation to wear a face mask applies, especially where a distance of 1.5 m to other persons cannot be safely maintained.
- Most learning and computer workstations in the University Library may be used without prior reservation. The learning workstations in the small reading rooms of the Main Library and in individual zones of some departmental libraries remain reservable.
- In the departmental libraries ZOM | ZIM and Dental Clinic, access is still restricted to medical students, the test modalities are as currently specified by the UKW for medical students. FFP2 masks are still mandatory. At a fixed sitting or standing place, the mask may also be removed there, provided that the minimum distance is reliably maintained.
All online services are available without restrictions. We recommend that all members and students of the university primarily use our wide range of e-books, e-journals and databases.
In the departmental library, you will find specialist literature on Catholic Theology studies.
The shelf marks of these items start with "200/“ and "201/*".
The departmental library is open for the lending of media and for the use of learning workstations on a limited basis from Monday to Friday 9:00 - 18:00.
A selection of learning workstations is available for use. You can reserve a learning workstation per day (Mon-Fri) for the time slots 9:00 - 13:00 or 14:00 - 18:00. The booking is activated on Fridays at 9 a.m. for all days of the coming week. Use is limited to one person per learning workstation. The windows must remain open.
Borrowing for students and city users: maximum 5 books, loan period 14 days. A one-time renewal by e-mail is possible.
Loan for lecturers
- for lecturers of the institutes participating in the departmental library: loan period 6 months
- for lecturers of other institutes: loan period 4 weeks
Media marked with a red local indicator, such as journals, cannot be borrowed. This also applies to holdings that are particularly worthy of protection for conservation reasons.
In order to borrow items, you must have a valid UB user card or a student card for the current semester.
We offer to check in advance whether the books you want are available, if this is helpful for you. In this case, please contact us at 31-82266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The departmental library is a reference library, which means that items can usually only be used on site. Weekend loans are one exception: You can borrow a maximum of five items from 12:00 on Friday until the following Monday at 12:00.
Items with the shelf marks starting with "201/*" must be ordered from the library stuff.
More information on further lending conditions can be found in the Guidelines on the use of departmental libraries (PDF, 187 KB). You will find a large collection of study-relevant literature available for loan in the Hubland Main Library.
A total of 37 study desks are available, including 27 laptop workstations with power supply and 5 computer workstations with Internet access.
Internet access, Wi-Fi, multifunctional copiers
20 lockers are available in the departmental library.
Study desks accessible for wheelchair users can be found on the first floor and basement level of the library.
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.