According to the infection protection concept of JMU (as of 01.06.2022), the following applies to the use of the University Library:
- In buildings and enclosed spaces of the university, the recommendation to wear a face mask applies, especially where a distance of 1.5 m to other persons cannot be safely maintained.
- Most learning and computer workstations in the University Library may be used without prior reservation. The learning workstations in the small reading rooms of the Main Library and in individual zones of some departmental libraries remain reservable.
- In the departmental libraries ZOM | ZIM and Dental Clinic, access is still restricted to medical students, the test modalities are as currently specified by the UKW for medical students. FFP2 masks are still mandatory. At a fixed sitting or standing place, the mask may also be removed there, provided that the minimum distance is reliably maintained.
All online services are available without restrictions. We recommend that all members and students of the university primarily use our wide range of e-books, e-journals and databases.
In the departmental library, you will find specialist literature on Catholic Theology studies.
The shelf marks of these items start with "200/“ and "201/*".
- Persons showing symptoms indicative of COVID-19 disease such as cough, cold, sore throat, fever (≥ 38.0°C), loss of smell and taste are excluded from entering the library.
- The recommendation to wear a face mask applies, especially where a distance of 1.5 m from other persons cannot be safely maintained.
Free study spaces
You can see the current occupancy of the non-reservable study spaces in the Main Library and the departmental libraries in our traffic light system. This gives you a quick overview of the occupancy of our locations.
Study spaces with reservation
You must confirm these bookings again on site at the beginning of the appointment.
- The media of the departmental library can be borrowed on a regular basis. Please take the books out of the shelves yourself. We book the media at the departmental library counter.
- The loan periods correspond to those of the Main Library.
- You can renew items yourself via your user account.
- More information on lending.
Media marked with a red local indicator, such as journals, cannot be borrowed. This also applies to items that require special protection for conservation reasons.
A valid library card or student ID for the current semester is required for borrowing.
Return of borrowed media
Books borrowed from the departmental library can be returned to the departmental library or to the return terminals of the Main Library.
A total of 37 study desks are available, including 27 laptop workstations with power supply and 5 computer workstations with Internet access.
Internet access, Wi-Fi, multifunctional copiers
20 lockers are available in the departmental library.
Study desks accessible for wheelchair users can be found on the first floor and basement level of the library.
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.