All online services are available without restrictions. We recommend that all members and students of the university primarily use our wide range of e-books, e-journals and databases.
You will find literature on bioscience in the departmental library. The entire departmental library collection can be searched via the catalogue.
The shelf marks of these items start with "550/".
Against the background of the spread of the coronavirus, the Würzburg University Library has implemented the requirements of the Bavarian State Ministry of Science and the Arts to restrict public access and services. We ask for your understanding for these measures in view of the current exceptional situation.
The departmental library is open for borrowing media, copying and scanning and for the use of learning workstations. 2 computer workstations can also be reserved via the booking system for learning workstations.
For borrowing books, however, it is advisable to check the actual availability of the books in advance by e-mail
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone (0931 3184204).
From 02 September 2021: Access only with proof of vaccination, convalescence or test (3G) / Medical face mask sufficient / Mask requirement at the workplace lifted.
- A vaccination, convalescent or test certificate (3G) is required for access to the departmental library (also for short searches, scanning or borrowing). Please present appropriate proof at the entrance control and also identify yourself with a photo ID. The result of a PCR test (max. 48 hours old) or PoC antigen test (max. 24 hours old) and alternatively your valid pupil ID can be presented as negative test evidence.
- A medical face mask must be worn (cloth masks are not permitted). This may be removed at the workplaces.
- Learning workstations must still be booked in advance via the online ticket system.
The following special conditions of use apply:
- Access is limited to a maximum number of people and is regulated by our staff.
- Wearing a medical face mask is compulsory for visitors to the library.
- Persons with symptoms of COVID-19 disease such as cough, cold, sore throat, fever (≥ 38.0°C), loss of smell or taste are excluded from entering the library.
- Please observe markings and walkways and keep a distance of 1,5 m from other people.
- Please make your list of shelfmarks you need before your visit. Please retrieve the books yourself from the shelves of the Departmental Library.
- You are not allowed to take jackets and bags into the Departmental Library. Please use the locker system of the departmental library.
- Two computer workstations can be used.
- The multifunctional copier may be used.
- A limited number of learning workstations are available after prior online reservation.
Health protection remains the priority! Please help us with consideration and flexibility so that we can offer these services!
The departmental library is a reference library, which means that items can usually only be used on site.
More information on further lending conditions can be found in the Guidelines on the use of departmental libraries (PDF, 124 KB). You will find a large collection of study-relevant literature available for loan in the Hubland Main Library.
A total of 65 study desks are available.
Group study room
The departmental library for biosciences has one group study room for student working groups. This can be reserved by telephone (+49 931 31-84204), e-mail (email@example.com) or in the office.
Access to specialist databases for bioscience literature searches, internet access, Wi-Fi , multifunctional copier
The departmental library for biosciences is located opposite the disabled toilet in the basement of the main wing. The spaces between the library shelves are quite narrow, which makes wheelchair access difficult.
Further information can be found on the webpage of KIS (Kontakt- und Informationsstelle für Studierende mit Behinderung und chronischer Erkrankung).
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.