Open Access and Copyright in Science
Are you at the beginning of your PhD project and want to get information about Open Access publishing and copyright issues? Learn more about Open Access, different publication strategies and the funding options at the University of Würzburg. Get aware of copyright issues and possible copyright problems regarding scientific work.
During this workshop you learn:
- about Open Access and Open Science
- how to make your own articles visible
- how to use repositories for publishing your articles and thesis, for example the university’s repository OPUS
- how to get your publication fees funded
- how to use creative commons licenses
- how to avoid copyright violations
A theoretical introduction is followed by practical examples out of everyday scientific work. We have a closer look at the copyright clauses for example of relevant publishing houses.
Kristina Hanig is the subject librarian for mathematics and computer science. She is responsible for Open Access publishing, for the institutional repository OPUS and for Würzburg University Press.
Christian Schmauch is the subject librarian for law. He is member of the Committee for Legal Affairs of the German Library Association.
Date: July 8th 2019, 9 - 13
Location: Main Library, Training Room 106
Registration: Graduate School of Life Sciences
Bildnachweis: Schulungsraum in der Zentralbibliothek | © UB Würzburg