All online services are available without restrictions. We recommend that all members and students of the university primarily use our wide range of e-books, e-journals and databases.
The departmental library for music is a special library for books, journals, musical scores, sound recordings and other items. The entire departmental library collection can be searched via the catalogue.
Items located at the Domerschulstrasse departmental library have shelf marks starting with "410/". Items on music pedagogy at the Lernwerkstatt Musik departmental library can be identified by shelf marks starting with "411/".
The departmental library is open for borrowing media and for the use of learning workstations on a limited basis from Monday to Friday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Excluded from entering the library are persons who show symptoms indicating a COVID-19 disease such as cough, sniffles, sore throat, fever (≥ 38.0°C), loss of smell and taste.
- Please keep the recommended distance of 1,5 m from other people throughout the library.
- You are not allowed to take jackets and bags with you. Lockers are available in the entrance of the departmental library.
- Please prepare your media list with the signatures you need before your visit. Please collect the media you need from the library yourself.
- A multifunctional copier can be used in self-service. Please limit the use of the machine to a maximum of 30 minutes. Only one person is allowed at the copier.
- Computer workstations are not accessible.
Borrowing for students and city users: maximum 5 books, loan period 14 days. A one-time renewal by e-mail is possible.
Loan for lecturers
- for lecturers of the institutes participating in the departmental library: loan period 6 months
- for lecturers of other institutes: loan period 4 weeks
Media marked with a red local indicator, such as journals, cannot be borrowed. This also applies to holdings that are particularly worthy of protection for conservation reasons
In order to borrow items, you must have a valid UB user card or a student card for the current semester.
We offer to check in advance whether the books you want are available, if this is helpful for you. In this case, please contact us at 31-80796 or email@example.com.
The departmental library is a reference library, which means that items can usually only be used on site. Short loans (three days, maximum of five books) are possible.
More information on further lending conditions can be found in the Guidelines on the use of departmental libraries (PDF, 187 KB). You will find a large collection of study-relevant literature available for loan in the Hubland Main Library.
A total of 21 study desks are available,
Access to specialist databases for musicology literature searches, Internet access, Wi-Fi, multifunctional copier
There are twelve lockers in the library entrance area. Please bring a €1 coin with you to use a locker and remember to empty your locker in the evening.
The departmental library for music is not accessible to people with disabilities. Please contact us if you would like to borrow items from the sectional library for music. We will be happy to assist you.
Department head and subject librarian
Dr. Oliver Weinreich
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.