Due to the 15th Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance of 23.11.2021, the following conditions of use apply at Würzburg University Library:
Access to the University Library (Main Library and departmental libraries) is only possible for fully vaccinated or recovered persons (2G). Please show appropriate proof at the entrance without being asked and also identify yourself with an official photo ID.
In the University Library - as in all university buildings - it is compulsory to wear an FFP2 mask. An FFP2 mask must also be worn at the learning and computer workstations and in the study rooms.
The study rooms as well as the learning and computer workstations must be reserved online in advance.
All online services are available without restrictions. We recommend that all members and students of the university primarily use our wide range of e-books, e-journals and databases.
The departmental library for music is a special library for books, journals, musical scores, sound recordings and other items. The entire departmental library collection can be searched via the catalogue.
Items located at the Domerschulstrasse departmental library have shelf marks starting with "410/". Items on music pedagogy at the Lernwerkstatt Musik departmental library can be identified by shelf marks starting with "411/".
Against the background of the spread of the coronavirus, the Würzburg University Library has implemented the requirements of the Bavarian State Ministry of Science and the Arts to restrict public access and services. We ask for your understanding for these measures in view of the current exceptional situation.
The departmental library is open for borrowing media and for the use of learning workstations on a limited basis from Monday to Friday 09:00 - 16:00.
Access only with proof of vaccination or convalescence (2G) / wearing of FFP2 mask obligatory / masks obligatory in the workplace
- A vaccination or recovery certificate (2G rule) is required to access the library (also for short research, for scanning or for borrowing).
Please present appropriate proof at the entrance inspection and also identify yourself with a photo ID.
- Learning workstations must still be booked in advance via the online ticket system.
A selection of learning workstations is available for use. You can reserve one learning workstation per day (Mon-Fri) for the time slot 09:00-16:00. The booking is activated on Fridays at 9 a.m. for all days of the coming week. Use is limited to one person per learning workstation. The windows must remain open.
- Admission is limited to a maximum number of people and is regulated by TB staff.
- Excluded from entering the library are persons who show symptoms indicating a COVID-19 disease such as cough, sniffles, sore throat, fever (≥ 38.0°C), loss of smell and taste.
- Please keep the recommended distance of 1,5 m from other people throughout the library.
- You are not allowed to take jackets and bags with you. Lockers are available in the entrance of the departmental library.
- Please prepare your media list with the signatures you need before your visit. Please collect the media you need from the library yourself.
- A multifunctional copier can be used in self-service. Please limit the use of the machine to a maximum of 30 minutes. Only one person is allowed at the copier.
- Computer workstations are not accessible.
- The time spent in the library for borrowing should not exceed 30 minutes.
- A limited number of learning workstations are available after prior online reservation.
Priority remains health protection! Please help us with consideration and flexibility so that we can offer this lending service again!
Borrowing for students and city users: maximum 5 books, loan period 14 days. A one-time renewal by e-mail is possible.
Loan for lecturers
- for lecturers of the institutes participating in the departmental library: loan period 6 months
- for lecturers of other institutes: loan period 4 weeks
Media marked with a red local indicator, such as journals, cannot be borrowed. This also applies to holdings that are particularly worthy of protection for conservation reasons
In order to borrow items, you must have a valid UB user card or a student card for the current semester.
We offer to check in advance whether the books you want are available, if this is helpful for you. In this case, please contact us at 31-80796 or email@example.com.
The departmental library is a reference library, which means that items can usually only be used on site. Short loans (three days, maximum of five books) are possible.
More information on further lending conditions can be found in the Guidelines on the use of departmental libraries (PDF, 124 KB). You will find a large collection of study-relevant literature available for loan in the Hubland Main Library.
A total of 21 study desks are available,
Access to specialist databases for musicology literature searches, Internet access, Wi-Fi, multifunctional copier
There are twelve lockers in the library entrance area. Please bring a €1 coin with you to use a locker and remember to empty your locker in the evening.
The departmental library for music is not accessible to people with disabilities. Please contact us if you would like to borrow items from the sectional library for music. We will be happy to assist you.
Get in touch with us at any time, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or via our contact form.